Work Hours : Monday – Friday, 3.30 AM – 6.00 PM
1) Safety, Health & Environment
– Safety of QA/QC team
– Demonstrate commitment to safety
o SH&E procedure compliance
o Active participation in all SH&E activities
o Ensure appropriate PPE is worn at all times.
o Maintain high housekeeping standard and cleanliness in QC lab.
o Play a key leadership role in safety by ensuring the staff has a prevention mind set
2) Customer Satisfaction
– To conduct all tasks with a highly oriented approach and achieving outstanding levels of customer satisfaction, principally in the area of quality and service. Work with production and sales and logistics to ensure customer requirements are met
– Maintain customer complaint register.
– Ensure continuous improvement is evident in critical work processes – demonstrate desire to do things right, not just quickly.
– Actively seek opportunities to implement “Best Practices” in the area of QA/QC
4) Quality Control
– Establish and monitor QC equipment calibration programme and implement appropriate statistical techniques to ensure that product quality decisions are based upon sound data.
– Respond to quality problem and system failure by deriving quick fix and long term corrective actions, making sure that they are in place and function to ensure consistency in quality.
– Working closely with sales and production to comprehend the customer’s requirements and ensuring that all products leaving the plant meet to their quality standards by maintaining an effective QA/QC system.
– Product specifications and standards are properly set to the operating limits and ensure the specifications and standards for each customer/product are rigorously followed.
– Systems are in place to ensure that only current/up-to-date approved specifications and standards, including customer- approved samples are used by production and QA/QC departments.
– Ensuring the consistency of quality of product through the analysis and monitoring of the variation in the production conditions, raw material properties and the changes in film properties. Thereafter, alert the production of changes and provide necessary assistance and information to resolve the problem.
– Develop written specifications for all direct production materials (i.e. PE resins, ink, paper cores) purchased from approved suppliers and to ensure that all incoming direct production materials are properly controlled, checked against specifications or CoA before releasing to production.
– Produce monthly QC reports for management review and decision-making.
– Work with other departments to ensure that teamwork and cooperation results in best possible factory performance.
– Ensure regular meetings occur between departments (Production, Sales, Logistics) so as to maximise communication.
5) Quality Assurance
– Responsible for ensuring that all procedures are conducted in accordance with the Quality / ISO systems.
– Write, obtain approval for, implement, and train organisational personnel on the organisation’s Document Control for Quality System, including:
o new Document Control SOP
o new Document Change / Revision SOP
o Perform internal audits and address non-conformities from previous internal and external audits.
o Conduct a Management Review of the Quality
o System and follow-up on close and pending
o Preventive and Correction Action Requests.
o Maintain and implement housekeeping, cleanliness and pest control system and address non-conformities with the relevant departmental heads.
o Establish and maintain procedure on validation system for new equipment/machines, products, materials, software, processes and test methods to be validated where appropriate to ensure they are capable of consistently achieving their desired results.
o Refinement of the product development process including the raw materials qualification process
6) Business Improvement
– Seek at all times to improve business performance through QA/QC functions and customer service.
– Involvement in Business Improvement Projects as appropriate, either as leader or participant.
– Assist the Managing Director in identifying areas for improvement within the company’s operation and QA/QC system.
– Recommending improvement plans and their implementation through close collaboration with all department personnel.
– Maintain and execute annual training master plan for production workers on QA/QC/ISO
– Procedures and to encourage a quality culture.
7) Staff/Subordinate Management
– Develop the QA/QC team and ensure that the personnel are motivated and trained to fulfil their individual accountabilities by:
o Providing effective leadership in the management and development of resources.
o Identifying individual training requirements and providing appropriate training.
o Setting challenging and achievable objectives and targets.
o Ensuring staff are scheduling work appropriately so as to prioritise conflicting requirements.
o Coach staff where improvement is needed.
o Teach them skills patiently until they realise their full potential.
o Comply with risk analysis assessment pertaining to job task.
o Review and comply skill matrix results on job task pertaining to departments objectives.
– Diploma / Degree in any discipline in Engineering. Candidate with many years’ experience in QA/QC functions in plastic extrusion and printing industry can also be considered.
– 3 years working experience in Quality.
– High level of interpersonal skills.
– Excellent communication skills oral and written.
– Superior organisational abilities.
– Good knowledge of MS Office
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org