Industry : Air quality
– Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
– Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
– Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
– Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
– Examine and test existing contracts
– Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
– Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
– Control spends and builds a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
– Collaborate with Headquarter and sister companies.
– A Degree or Diploma in Purchasing/ Material Management, however all other disciplines will be considered if candidate has related work experience
– At least 5 years related purchasing experience, preferably in manufacturing and sheet metal industry
– Experienced in handling overseas purchases, thus some knowledge of impose/shipping procedures, would be an advantage
– SAP experience is an added advantage
– Must be very PC literate (MS Office, Excel & Power Point)
– Effectively bilingual in English and the Chinese Language. Candidate will need to communicate both locally and internationally, including China.
– Able to work independently and resourceful enough to resolve ad-hoc purchasing related problem.
– Knowledge in Customs clearance and tax duties for imports would be an added advantage