Job Purpose :
• Responsible for the preparation of the Group and company-level consolidated statutory financial and management reporting.
• The role includes supervising all divisional finance team members to prepare the monthly financial accounts and management accounts’ analysis.
• Handle the corporate finance related exercise.
Key Responsibilities :
• Manage and lead the accounting and finance team to ensure day-to-day operations of the accounting and financial activities.
• Prepare monthly/quarterly consolidated financial and management accounts for the Group on timely basis and for all subsidiaries and joint venture companies.
• Assist and support the Executive Director of Finance in the preparation of quarterly report to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors. After approval, to co-ordinate the quarterly financial announcement in accordance to the requirements of Bursa Malaysia.
• Assist and support the Executive Director of Finance in cash flow forecast and to monitor cash flow requirements.
• Prepare and review annual budget for the Group including monitoring and reporting of the budget vs actual on a periodic basis. Semi annual Budget review, if Management required one.
• Facilitate annual statutory audit of the Group with emphasis on Bursa’s compliance to PATAMI actual vs reported figures variance of less than 10%. Attending to request/meeting with tax authority, tax agents, company secretary, analyst and others on the annual statutory audit.
• Ensure proper direct and indirect tax compliance including tax submission, tax estimation, tax payment and tax refund and update on new rulings.
• Assist and support the Executive Director of Finance in tax planning for the Group and perform calculation on deferred tax, capital allowance, provisional tax, final tax computation etc of MRB Group of companies.
• Directing and implementing financial and accounting systems, policies and procedures that contribute to good commercial management of the Group’s business and ensure good internal controls are in place.
• Ensure compliance of statutory requirements and financial reporting standards and stay abreast of latest MFRS and any new Standards issued by Authorities.
• Supervise, train and provide guidance to the staff in the accounting and finance team.
• Handle the corporate finance functions.
• Undertake special assignments and ad-hoc functions and related duties as directed by the Executive Director of Finance or senior management.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in accounting, business economics, finance or equivalent.
• Chartered Accountant and/or MIA member with minimum 8 – 10 years of working experience in the profession.
• Strong technical accounting and taxation knowledge with the experience in consolidation of accounts, IFRS and Bursa Listing Requirements.
• Well verse with Income Tax Act, Indirect taxes and other relevant regulations in Malaysia.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org