Report To: Head, Finance
This role is responsible for all financial matters relating to the overseas entities namely, Singapore, Brunei and Hong Kong. This includes IBO Matters, Accounts Receivable Role and Accounts Payable Role. This role also includes General Ledger functions such as provisions, accruals, prepayments and Fixed Assets.
1) IBO Matter and Accounts Receivable
• Ensure IBO transactions are processed timely and accurately within agreed cut-off deadlines
• Ensure proper submission to tax authorities for withholding tax of IBO income if any
• Ensure submission of IBO income yearly statements to tax authorities in Singapore and Hong Kong
• Ensure invoicing for any goods or payment on behalf of related company are done timely and accurately
• Liaise with bankers and payment gateways on all collections
• Ensure all collections are properly done whether it is from IBOs, BCKP or Related Companies
• Ensure all integration of sales between MLM and Accounting systems are done
2) Accounts Payable
• Ensure payments are processed timely and accurately within agreed cut-off deadlines
• Ensure proper submission to tax authorities for withholding tax of relevant payments
• Ensure Purchase Orders are raised where required
• Liaise with bankers and payment gateways on all payment related matters
• Ensure Cash Flow Projections are done timely and accurately
3) General Ledger
• Ensure the preparation of monthly accounts based on agreed cut-off dates for closing of accounts and preparation of reconciliations and balance sheet
• Ensure all reconciliations and analysis of related accounts are prepared accurately and timely
• Ensure provisions, accruals and prepayments are properly accounted for
• Ensure Fixed Assets are maintained accurately and all fixed assets are properly accounted for and posted into the system and proper depreciation
policies are adhered to
• Coordinate with external parties including auditors and tax agents for statutory compliance
• Develop and strengthen the internal financial reporting and control processes including developing and updating written policies and procedures
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of other taxes such as GST if any
4) The below are relevant for all the sections above as well
• Ensure any reconciliation items are investigated and cleared in a timely manner
• Provide update and escalations of issues where appropriate, keeping stakeholders informed of any issues or difficulties
• Actively seek ways to improve process efficiency, implementing best practice and identifying productivity-enhancing measures
• Manage and guide subordinates to achieve agreed goals
• Contribute to company-wide projects as reasonably required
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or Professional Accounting Qualifications
• 3-5 years related working experience in the same field or similar positions.
• Strong technical accounting knowledge
• Managerial experience
• Most importantly – integrity, an inquiring mind and willingness to learn, explore and develop.
• Strong full spectrum of finance & accounting knowledge.
• Able to handle & meet month end closing deadline.
• Team player & able to cope with face pace environment.
• Possess initiative and good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-motivated and positive mindset and behaviour.
• Advanced MS Excel & Office skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org